Welcome to Dixie Magnet Elementary's Homepage
- Magnet Applications – The magnet application window will open soon! If you or a family you know are interested in your child attending Dixie, you will need to complete the online magnet application between the dates of August 31, 2020 through October 7, 2020. The application is located on the school and district websites. Please let your friends know about this wonderful opportunity to attend Dixie.
- Tips for Successful Learning Virtually – Please try to do the following: Create a quiet learning space with minimal distractions. A desk or table somewhere quiet is ideal. 2. Keep all learning materials organized and accessible to the child. 3. All learning materials should be kept in the learning space and used only for school. We will be providing you with the necessary materials. 4. Establish a routine and stick with it! 5. Work with your child’s teacher if you are having any difficulties. 6. Remember to give yourself and your child some grace. We know that these are difficult and stressful times. We will work with you!
- Virtual Learning Academy Homeschool Information – Many parents have asked about the VLA and homeschooling options for this school year for health or various other reasons. If you opt to do either of these for the 2020-21 school year, you will not lose your magnet status. This is the only year that this will be allowed. If you have questions regarding the VLA, please contact: email@example.com or have them call 859-381-4741. If you have signed up for the VLA, you will receive all materials through this program
- Headphones – One item I recommend having for your children to work virtually next year is headphones. We will be providing headphones for our K students; however, we are not able to purchase these for all students. If you are not able to purchase these, please contact our FRYSC, Kasey Spicer.
- FCPS Student Code of Conduct – Please review the FCPS Student Code of Conduct at https://www.fcps.net/conduct. We will be sending a paper copy home with your child when we return to in-person classes.
- Wifi Hotspots – Please contact Kasey Spicer, Dixie’s FRYSC, if your household is not connected to the internet. We will be supplying chromebooks to all students and connectivity if you do not have this available to you, so all students will have the opportunity to work online. Please email Kasey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 859-381-3128
- SBDM Committees – If you would like to serve as a representative on one of our SBDM Committees, please e-mail Cheri Presley at email@example.com. Let Cheri know which committee you would like to volunteer for including: Climate, Equity and Safety, Communication and Family Involvement Professional Development, Technology, Curriculum, Assessment, Accountability and Special Needs, and Health and Safety.
- Kindergarten/Magnet Student Registration – If you have not registered your kindergarten or magnet student, please go online at net/register and complete your registration. Please call our Registrar, Deborah Lancaster at 959-381-3116 if you have any questions.
- Address Updates –It is that time of year, when we ask parents to update addresses if you have had a change. Please contact Ms. Lancaster, our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 859-381-3116 if you have had a change in address, phone numbers, etc.
PTA Meeting @ 6:00pm
Fall Break– No School!