- Meet Your Sustainability Team
- Teacher & Parent Corner
- Go Green to Earn Green
- Go Green to Earn Green Submission Form (March 2023 - April 2023)
- Program Manuals
- Sustainability Scorecard
- Sustainability Coordinators
- Bluegrass Youth Sustainability Council
- Green School Champions
- Sustainability Strategic Plan
New Campus Solar Benches
Bluegrass Youth Sustainability Council Solar Energy Project Committee is committed to equipping every Lexington high, middle and elementary school with a campus solar bench, one sponsorship at a time.
In partnership with Sierra Club Bluegrass Chapter, Lexmark and LG&E/KU, Bluegrass Youth Sustainability Council Solar Project Committee purchased & installed 5 campus solar benches for Tates Creek HS, Bryan Station HS, Lafayette HS, STEAM Academy and Bryan Station MS. A solar workstation was installed at John D Price Administration Building.
The addition of five solar benches in 2022 brings the total to 8 campus solar benches, with 5 additional expected to be installed in 2023.
Other BYSC Project Committee Updates
- Community Outreach PC- available to visit elementary Science Nights and/or elem/MS Green Teams. E-mail Tresine to learn more.
- Climate Resiliency- partnering with Kentuckians for Energy Democracy for support fair, just and reasonable energy system that reflects equity, environmental protection, human health, affordability of service and protection and creation of local jobs
- Food & Agriculture PC- partnering with local nonprofits Food Chain and Glean Kentucky on local and sustainable food access
- Urban Trees PC: partnering with local nonprofit TreesLexington to help schools with mulching + identify schools in need of campus trees.
- Waste & Recycling- partnering with LFUCG Live Green Lexington on producing videos for school target audiences on the right way to recycle
- Town Branch Park- partnering with nonprofit Town Branch Park to design and produce literature and art to raise awareness among students about Town Branch Park’s impact on downtown Lexington’s sustainability
- SSLA- planning 5th annual Student Sustainability Leadership Academy for spring 2023 in partnership with 12+ community partners + higher ed institutions