Welcome to Leestown Middle School Library Media Center
Welcome To the Leestown Library
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
- by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
- by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
- by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
--Information Power: Guidelines for School Library Media Programs (1988), p.1
8:30 a.m. to 3:55 p.m. weekdays
Library media specialist: Claudett M. Edie
- Academic Library, Morning Check-Out, Makerspace, Lego Wall, Ozobots, Spheros, 3D pens, Ipads, Printing, Passive Programming, and much more!
- Second Wednesday of each month -- Battle of the Books Breakfast Club
- 8:30 a.m. to 3:55 p.m. -- collaborative classes, makerspace, & students with passes
- Extended hours will be offered as needed.
- Two books per student; three-week loan period
- Makerspace Craft Bag – three-week loan period
- Students can place holds through Destiny Discover
- Students may borrow a personal copy of a book if their account is not in good standing.
- Students are responsible for all books, craft bags, and tech tools checked out from the library.
- Students should not loan checked out items to other students or friends.
- Fines are incurred for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- The cost to replace an item or lost materials.