March has been a great month for StationArts.
Congressional Art Awards
We had 10 students compete this year in the 6th District Congressional Art Awards. This year UK's School of Art and Visual Studies hosted the event on February 22nd. Our own Adrianna Gomez tied for the Constituent's Award with Rhianna Culp from Henry Clay High School. Miss Gomez's work will hang in the Congressman's Washington DC office for the next calendar year.
Bluegrass Regional Art Show winners:
- Honorable Mention in Sculpture: Ally Frederick
- 3rd Place in Photography: Adrianna Gomez
- 3rd Place in Mixed Media: Mason Gohde
- 2nd Place in Painting: Sophie Pennington
- 3rd Place in Fiber Arts: Chelsea Wafford
- 2nd Place in Fiber Arts: Mayra Lugo-Ibarra
- 1st Place in Fiber Arts: Jessica Harrison
- 1st Place in Graphic Design: Christopher Lattimore
- Best of Show 3D: Ally Frederick
- Chair's Award: Carmen Coleman
Ally Frederick, Christopher Lattimore, Jessica Harrision, Carmen Coleman, and Sophie Pennington have advanced onto the State Competition held at the Hellman Art Center in Covington, KY on April 22nd at 11:30AM:
FCPS Regional STEM Fair: Digital Art Categories
- 3rd in Mixed Media: Sydney McEndre
- 3rd in Graphic Design: Kelacia Cherry
- 2nd in Graphic Design: Deja Baker
- 2nd in Original Art: Anthony Asburry
- 2nd in PSA Video: Drake Witt
- 1st in Original Art: Carmen Coleman
- 1st in Original Photo: Adrianna Gomez
Andrew Swisher, Asia Thomas, Brady Shackelford, Nico Ocampo, and Austin Murray participated in the All-District Jazz Bands on 3/2-3/4:
Sam Owens, Braden Vickrey, Tyler Dominey, Cameron Murray, Mia Dowdell, and Parrish Johnson competed in the Tri-State indoor Percussion tournament on 3/5 and earned a third-place finish.
Asia Thomas, Tozcha Bean, and Ashlin Meuser participated in the All-District band on 3/8-3/10.
Ashlin Meuser will be attending UK in the fall as a member of the trumpet studio.
Congradulations to Katherine Sloan and Shelby Taylor for earning full rides to Transylvania University!
The Chamber Orchestra performed on Thursday, March 15th after school for their assessment and received Distinguished from all four judges. There were many nice comments regarding their outstanding performance, musical maturity, and appearance. One judge said it was the best group of the day up to that point.