Free meals for children available while schools are closed
During the COVID-19 pandemic, economic hardship has worsened for many families and food insecurity is a reality for many served by Fayette County Public Schools. During these rapidly changing times, the district is working to adjust services in ways that are best for students and families. To that end, the following adjustments to the meal distribution plan should enable FCPS to consistently provide meals for children who rely on schools for food while also ensuring that the district is following all guidelines from federal, state, and local health officials about limiting contact and maintaining social distance.
While schools are closed, FCPS will distribute food twice a week between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.
- On Monday, April 13, youths can pick up breakfast and lunch for Monday and Tuesday at 21 walk‐up locations. Families should refrigerate food to maintain freshness; there will be no meal service on Tuesday, April 14.
- On Wednesday, April 15, students can pick up breakfast and lunch for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at the walk‐up sites. Families should refrigerate food to maintain freshness; there will be no meal service on Thursday, April 16 and Friday, April 17.
For as long as schools remain closed because of COVID‐19, youths can pick up meals on Mondays and Wednesdays during the lunchtime window. Please help limit social interaction and maintain social distancing to protect students, families, and employees. FCPS has ordered additional food and implemented ways to adjust quickly to meet increased needs at any site. Any youth age 18 and younger can receive meals at any of the following pick‐up locations, regardless of where they live or attend school.
- Arlington Elementary
- Booker T. Washington Elementary
- Breckinridge Elementary
- Bryan Station High School
- Cardinal Valley Elementary
- Clays Mill Elementary
- Deep Springs Elementary
- Glendover Elementary
- James Lane Allen Elementary
- Julius Marks Elementary
- Lansdowne Elementary
- Leestown Middle School
- Mary Todd Elementary
- Meadowthorpe Elementary
- The Academy for Leadership at Millcreek Elementary
- Northern Elementary
- Southern Elementary
- Squires Elementary
- Tates Creek High School
- William Wells Brown Elementary
- Winburn Middle School
FCPS is working with community partners to provide supplemental meals to families in need and expand capacity. With new offerings constantly developing, anyone seeking information about these resources should call the United Way of the Bluegrass 211 Contact Center for the most up‐to‐date information. Dialing 211 from any phone will connect to this service.
(859) 381-4101 or 699-1441