A half dozen elementary teams will move on to the 2023 Superintendent’s Cup on March 29 after winning in the Academic Challenge regional contests. Congratulations to Mary Todd, Millcreek, Arlington, Picadome, Ashland, and all the March 11 competitors!
Purple Region Winners
- Primary: Mary Todd -- Justice Griffin, Kingston Hamilton, Mia Alfaro Marin, John-Tyler Patrick, and Lucas Mejia Portillo
- Intermediate: Millcreek -- Carleigh Cornett, Laeton Happy, Ajong Kemcha, Nala Spivey, and Peyton Young
Blue Region Winners
- Primary: Arlington -- Selma Angulo, Caroline Davis, Arianna Lavizzio, Alice Sanda, and Madison Sweatt
- Intermediate: Arlington -- Chandler Benkert, Netalya Brewer, Anthony Brown, Aubryonna Johnson, Jaleeyah Livingston, and Rokhan Takkal
Orange Region Winners
- Primary: Picadome -- Talia El-Amouri, Laney Gumm, Hailey Miller, and Benjamin Pollock
- Intermediate: Ashland -- Jordan Capley, Hanni Ge, Mary Hightower, and JaMariyah Lanier
Academic Challenge is an Urban League of Lexington initiative in partnership with Fayette County Public Schools and Kentucky colleges awarding scholarships. Students in grades 2-5 from participating Title I elementary schools can flex their academic muscles through quiz bowl competition in three regions, with the primary and intermediate division winners advancing to the Superintendent’s Cup.
If you have questions, please check with your school's coordinator or email Sharon Mofield-Boswell in the district’s Family & Community Engagement office.
Posted March 15, 2023