Fayette County Public School STLP groups that are competing in the RCX or SumoBot competitions at the STEM Fair may elect to have a student-created display instead of a showcase. This unmanned robotics display would highlight the robotics program at the school and help others to better understand the benefits of robotics. A robotics display cannot take the place of a showcase for a school who is not competing in RCX or SumoBots. A school competing at a location other than the STEM Fair is still required to have a showcase at the STEM Fair.
- The display is not manned. If somene is manning the display, please register as a showcase.
- 8:30-8:45 Setup (Find labeled table in hallway outside of the cafeteria - between cafeteria and gym)
- 9:00-11:00 Displays on exhibit
- 11:00-11:30 Clean up
- Display registration will open early January.
- Registration is due by February 21, 2020
- The link to registration will be on the STLP Google Team Drive.
- The STLP Coordinator is responsible for all registrations for their school.
- Note: RCX registration is due by January 31, 2020 and is on the RCX website.
- Note: SumoBot registration is one of the STEM Fair registrations posted on the STLP Google Team Drive. Registration is due by February 21, 2020.
- We are picturing one robotics display per school - not per team. Please let us know if you would like space for more than one display.
- Elementary (K-5)
- Middle School (6-8)
- High School (9-12)
- RCX robotics
- SumoBot robotics
- RCX and SumoBot robotics combined display
7. Competition & Rubrics
- The display is not competitive and there is no rubric.
- The displays will be in the hallway between the cafeteria and the gym.
9. Judges and Volunteers
- Judges are not needed for displays.
- Tables are 30"x72".
- We estimate 2 displays per table.
- Note: Since this is an unmanned display, we do not picture anything of value being left at the table. If the table is manned, please register as a showcase.
11. No Access
- Wireless access may not be available.
- Display tables may not have access to electricity.
- Use a tri-fold board
- School name
- Team Name(s)
- STLP Logo
- Highlights about your team - Limited text that is easy to read.
13. Clean up
- Students must clean up all materials and trash at the table upon departing.
- All students practice ethical, safe, and legal behavior.