STLP Regionals 2019
Twenty seven Fayette County Schools participated in the STLP (Student Technology Leadership Program) Regional competition at the University of Kentucky Gatton Student Center on November 14, 2019. Click to see our project images.
Rishita Sontenam from Paul Laurence Dunbar High School was selected via an interview process to join the Social Media team at the STLP State Championship at Rupp Arena the spring.
Jack Tattershall, Lafayette High School, was selected to be part of the STLP Engineer Team to assist at the STLP State Championship at Rupp Arena in the spring, 2020 KySTE Conference in Louisville, Kentucky, and the 2020 ISTE Conference in Anaheim, California.
Forty-six school projects (usually consisting of 4 students per project team) advanced from Level 1 Regional competition to Level 2 competition that will be held at the STLP State Championship at Rupp Arena on April 8, 2020.
Congratulations to all of our students, coordinators, and schools!
Projects advancing to State Championship:
- Athens-Chilesburg: Kooties
- Booker T. Washington: Bravo Broadcast
- Breckinridge: Welcome to Breckinridge
- Coventry Oak: COE Sustainability
- Deep Springs: DSE News; and Linebot
- James Lane Allen: No Smoke More Life
- Julius Marks: Minecraft EDU; and Real Girls Stand Strong
- Maxwell Spanish Immersion: WMAX ¿Qué pasa en Maxwell?
- Northern: Make Reading 3-D!
- Stonewall: A Fresh Start through Google Earth; Claws & Paws: AR and VR; Communication 102; and Weight for the Trash
- Wellington: Preschool Programming; and The Kindness Fairies
- Yates: Garden to Go; and Geek Squad
- Bryan Station: Girls Who Code Instructional
- Crawford: CMS News Broadcast
- Edythe J. Hayes: Project Save the Earth
- Leestown: Green Clean Clan; Library Advisory Council; and ZSpace Ambassador Team
- Lexington Traditional Magnet: Team 2
- Morton: Makey Makers; and Mustangs Live
- Southern: Spartan News
- Bryan Station: 3D Printing with a Purpose; Project 4; Project 5; New Voice; and Virtual Reality Team
- Frederick Douglass: Help the Homeless App
- Lafayette: First Aid + Common First Aid
- Carter G. Woodson Academy: Earbud Holders; Language Instructional Video; and Mathematics Music Video
- Eastside Technical Center: DART - Digital Art Re-enhancing Technology
- Locust Trace AgriScience Center: Equine Education
- Martin Luther King Jr. Academy: Do You See Me?
- STEAM Academy: Raise Your Voice; and STEAM TV
- The Learning Center: Bridging the Gap; Historical Laser QR codes; and The Hunger Project