NTI 2DL: September 28 - October 2, 2020: Fall Break is this week!
- Middle School Scholars who did not finish or take their MAP Math and/or MAP Reading tests will be completing them on Wednesday, September 30. Scholars have received an email in Outlook and families have received an IC message. The schedule and Zoom links will sent in that Canvas Inbox message and Outlook email.
- There are no classes Thursday, October 1 and Friday, October 2 for Fall Break.
- Reminder that all middle school scholars meet in Academic Leadership class on A-days at 8:25 am. High school scholars meet on B-days. The Zoom link is on the Canvas course homepage.
- Progress grades will be posted next week. This is only a progress grade. A video explaining our grading policy will be sent home to parents through IC and on our website.
- We will have our second TECH Doing our P.A.R.T. Parent Workshops next week - the topic will be grades!
- If you have any questions or concerns, call 859 - 474 - 2770.
- If you are having technology problems, call 859 - 488 - 2772 or email Mrs. McGrath. We will get to your call or email as soon as possible!
CGWA NTI 2DL Parent/Family Input Survey
Parents and Guardians - we want your input! How is NTI-2DL going for you and your scholar? Please take a few minutes to answer the questions in the form that was sent to you through the IC Parent Portal. Thank you!
Federal Government Providing Free Meals for All FCPS Students
The Federal government approved FREE meals for ALL students under 18 so now all 47 meal sites will serve meals to all students in FCPS. Distribution is Mondays & Wednesdays 11 am - 1 pm. Get more info on our NTI 2DL tab.
UPDATE: 16 more community centers are being added for distribution on September 21, 2020! Go to our NTI 2DL tab for the updated list!
Tech at CGWA Parent WorkshopsParents and Families: If you missed our Parent Workshops during the week of August 31st, we have presentation slides and a recorded session. We have the slides in Spanish as well. Aquí está la presentación en español.Please call the school at 859 - 381 - 3933 or 859 - 488 - 2772 if you have any questions.
Scholar Checklist for the Start of School
Scholars - make sure that you do the following BEFORE Wednesday, August 26, our first day of NTI 2DL!
1. Log into your computer.
2. Log into your Infinite Campus account on Monday to view your class schedule and teachers.
3. Log onto your Canvas account on Tuesday to view your Canvas courses and find your Zoom links.
4. Have our weekly NTI 2DL schedule bookmarked for easy access.
5. Complete your Flipgrid Introduction video (see directions in announcement below).
If you don't know how to accomplish some of these tasks, go to your Scholar Technology Checklist for helpful videos and instructions. It is updated daily! Give us a call at the school if you are in need of more assistance.
Flipgrid Links for Scholar Introductions - due Wednesday, August 26th, 2020*
*Flipgrid's website experienced problems on Friday, August 21, 2020 but the problem has been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please close out any open Flipgrid tabs and then go to our Scholar Technology Checklist for your grade-level Flipgrid link.
Carter G. Woodson Academy and FFA and JR. MANRRS Program Welcome Student Teacher
Mrs. Madilyn Dowell, a senior agricultural sciences with agricultural education certification major at Murray State University, arrived recently at Carter G. Woodson Academy and will be working with the students and teachers in the agricultural science and technology department and the FFA and JR. MANRRS program for the next fourteen weeks.
Mrs. Dowell is working under the guidance of cooperating teacher Mr. Jacob Ball to learn all aspects of a successful agricultural science and technology program at the middle and high school level. Mrs. Dowell will strive to become proficient in teaching a variety of classes in the career and technical education area, as well as in assisting students with leadership development in the FFA and JR. MANRRS organization and with career-focused experiential programs.
Upon completion of the student teaching experience, Mrs. Dowell will return to Murray to participate in commencement exercises at Murray State where she will earn a Bachelor of Science degree in Agricultural Sciences.