5K Fundraiser and Homecoming Events
Spooky 5Kurry is coming Oct. 13! Register now for the 5K, the final event of a fun-filled homecoming weekend! The 5K race will be a fundraiser for Dance Blue, and we’re hoping to get all teams and clubs involved! The club or team with the largest number of participants wins a prize! Prizes for our winners and prizes for best costume will be given so feel free to run OR walk. We just want you there to have fun and support the cause! We will also have food trucks so you can treat yourself after you are through. Admission will be $15 per person or $25 if you want a T-shirt. Can’t make it?? Help by making a donation! Please spread the word. We need our whole community to pull together to support a great cause.
(Note: Our actual dance for Dance Blue will be Feb 15.)
Oct 11 - Seniors Tailgate
- 4:15-6:15 p.m. Homecoming game to follow vs. Tates Creek
- Cost: $10 includes dinner, live music, and game ticket.
Oct 12 - Homecoming Dance, 8-11 p.m.
Oct 13 - Spooky 5Kurry, 5K Race for the Blue
Questions? Email Debra Reaguer
The test will be given Oct. 16 at PLD. Any student interested in taking the PSAT must register via Total Registration. See this PSAT flyer or visit the guidance web page for more information about the PSAT.
PLD Picture Day
Picture day for grades 9-11 will be on August 27 and 28. Retakes on September 19 and 20.
Picture day for seniors will be September 19 and 20.
BIG CHANGES FOR THE 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR and AP EXAM REGISTRATION
The College Board is changing when students will order AP Exams for the May 2020 administration. College Board research has shown that students are more engaged and likely to earn a score of 3 or higher on the AP Exam when they registered in the fall for AP Exams. Starting October 1st, students will be able to register and pay for exams online through Total Registration. Students will also have to “enroll” their AP exams with the College Board. For the 2020 AP exams, the cost is $98 per exam.
- Registrations made after 12:01 AM on Friday, November 1st , 2019 will incur a $25 late fee per registration.
- Registrations after 12:01 AM on Thursday, November 14th, 2019 will incur a $65 late fee per exam.
- Students who cancel an exam by Wednesday, November 13th, 2019 are entitled to a full refund of the exam fee.
- Students who cancel an exam through April 30th, 2020 are entitled to a refund of the exam fee minus a cancellation fee of $50.00 (per exam cancelled).
- Late fees are nonrefundable.
Students enrolled in AP courses will be receiving additional information during the first few days of school. Please contact Melanie Burch, email@example.com if you have questions.
Parents and students, see below for important information to start the school year!
- PTSA Applications
- SBDM Policies
- Homeroom Information for 2019-2020
- Map of the school
- Traffic Patterns – AM and PM drop off.
- Schedule change procedures
- Excused/unexcused absences
- Attendance details
- Class/lunch schedule for regular and CCR days
- Block Rotation Schedule
- WPLD – download the PLD Lamplighter app for both iOS and Android, and follow @pldlamplighter on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- School Wide Expectations
- Student Handbook
- Application for Reduced and Free Lunch and Educational Benefits
5:30 PM - 11:59 PM Volleyball vs. Lexington Catholic
7:30 PM - 11:00 PM Football vs. West Jessamine
3:00 PM - 11:59 PM Boys' Soccer vs. Dublin Coffman
1:00 PM - 11:59 PM Boys' Soccer vs. New Albany