Safe Schools Office
The Safe Schools program provides training, resources, and technical assistance to promote a school environment that is physically and emotionally safe, well-disciplined, and conducive to learning.
- Help schools identify training needs
- Facilitate implementation of the framework for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS)
- Consult with schools on implementing evidence-based social and behavioral programs and interventions
- Work with community agencies and other service providers to secure funding for collaborative initiatives.
- Collaborate with other departments at "It's About Kids" Support Services to provide integrated support services to schools.
- Prepare district, state and federal reports.
- Assist schools in accessing and analyzing behavioral data.
- Provide schools with evidence-based training, resources and information.
- Customize training according to identified school and district needs.
- Provide coaching and follow-up support to foster successful implementation.
- Topics: Schoolwide PBIS team and coach training; classroom management; in-school suspension programs; bullying prevention; threat assessment; safe crisis management
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/safe
Forms and additional materials are posted under the Staff Channel.
Dedeeh Massey, safe schools coordinator and resource specialist for Positive Behaviorial Interventions & Supports (PBIS)
Phone: (859) 381-4703
PBIS resource specialists:
Location: Room 203 at central office, 701 E. Main St.
Fax: (859) 381-4210