Employee Benefits & Services
Employee rights under FFCRA (flyers in English & Spanish)
Employee paid sick leave and expanded family & medical leave (from U.S. Department of Labor)
Because all FCPS employees are valued for their essential role in the overall accomplishment of the school district's major goals and objectives, Fayette County Public Schools provides benefits for regular, full-time employees and their families. Below are the rates, resources, and phone numbers for supplemental vendors.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/benefits
State- and board-sponsored benefits
Health insurance coverage runs January through December. Open enrollment is in the fall for the following calendar year.
LifeHealth Online - free video visits for Anthem users
StayWell (new in 2020)
Planning to retire soon?
Voluntary / optional benefits
American Fidelity's plans run on the calendar year. Enrollment is in the fall.
- 2020 coverage and rates
- Questions: (859) 223-8030
Dental Care Plus
- Three choices: Dental PPO high plan || Dental PPO mid plan || Dental PPO low plan
- Questions: (800) 367-9466
Call American Fidelity at (859) 223-8030 for details on these options:
- Accident-only insurance
- Cancer insurance
- Critical illness coverage
- Disability income insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plans - 403(b), 457(b), Roth IRA, traditional IRA
- Overview and rates (LegalShield)
- Application and payroll authorization (LegalShield)
- Membership guide (LegalShield)
Retirement plans & investments
Byron Costner, associate director of Benefits/Payroll
Phone: (859) 381-4118
Fax: (859) 281-0108
Location: Room 110 at central office, 701 E. Main St.
Carol Coleman, financial analyst, (859) 381-4154
- For all administrators
- For employees with last names A-D
- Last names E-K
- Last names L-S
- Last names T-Z