Online registration is currently open only for incoming preschoolers and kindergarteners. All others, please check back here after July 29.
To register a new student in Fayette County Public Schools, a parent/guardian starts by submitting household information online and then finishes the enrollment process in person at the school.
Families joining FCPS during the current school year may enroll a student at anytime. The online form for the next fall's incoming kindergarteners is available in mid-January. Be sure to select the correct school year in the drop-down menu.
Please skim these steps before beginning:
- Click this link: https://fayetteky.infinitecampus.org/campus/OLRLogin/Fayette
- Select your desired language.
- Complete the fields on the screen. Be careful to choose the correct school year. The CAPTCHA will display letters and/or numbers with a colorful background behind. Type the letters and/or numbers into the text box beneath. There are no spaces. Letters are case-sensitive. If a letter shows in uppercase, type it in the text box in uppercase. If you want to change the letters and numbers displayed in the CAPTCHA, click the blue refresh button.
- Click “Begin Registration.” The program will send an email to the address you entered on the screen.
- Check your email for a message with a subject of “Welcome to Online Registration.” If you do not see it in your Inbox, please check your spam, junk, trash, etc. folder.
- Click the link at the bottom of the email. If the URL link listed at the bottom of the email does not work, please copy the URL link and paste it into a web browser.
- The program will walk you through the following sections: Household, Parent/Guardian, Emergency Contact, and Student. At the end of each section, click “Save/Continue” to save your work.
- Walk through each screen, reading the sections carefully. Use the Next and Save/Continue buttons to navigate through the form.
- Review the details very carefully, and then submit the form.
- Write down and hold onto your form's number.
For K-12 students, families must then go to their neighborhood's assigned school to complete the registration. Bring the online form number and two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name, and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt. To determine your child’s school, use the SchoolSite Locator tool.
For preschool consideration, families must complete an application packet at their local elementary or downtown in the Early Childhood Department, 701 E. Main St. Packets are available in late April for the following school year.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/register
For questions about K-12 registration, please call the school where your child is districted to attend:
- Middle schools
- High schools
- Technical centers
- Other academic programs
- Alternative programs
- Online — Parents or legal guardians may start the preschool registration process online, but they must then visit the Early Childhood Department at district offices, 701 E. Main St., to complete additional paperwork.
- In person — Applications are also taken and approved on-site in Room 116 at 701 E. Main St., from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays, or families may visit their local elementary school to get a paper application that can be couriered downtown once completed.
Visit fcps.net/preschool for more details.