Our Career and Technical Education team coordinates all CTE programs throughout the district for grades 6-12, including Southside and Eastside technical centers and Locust Trace Agriscience Center. We help schools provide students with the skills to move on to college or the workforce and a desire for life-long learning. We also serve as a connection between the schools and our business community, relate school courses to technical opportunities, and develop school/business partnerships and future job possibilities.
The CTE team provides guidance and support in these areas:
- Alignment of our school programs and career pathways
- Industry certifications and end of program tests
- Work-based learning and career exploration
- Business partnership and program advisory boards
- Technical dual credit
- Professional learning with a CTE focus
- Student organizations such as FFA (agriculture); Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA); Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA); HOSA Future Health Professionals; Educators Rising; DECA; Technology Student Association (TSA); and SkillsUSA
Resource: Public notice of FCPS nondiscrimination, FERPA, and Child Find policies
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/cte
For employees: In-house CTE resources are found under our Staff Portal.