Our guidance staff provides students and families with support throughout the high school experience. Each guidance counselor has students in grades 9-12. Students may sign up to see their guidance counselor via email, the "Meet with Me" link below, the QR code outside the Guidance Office door or sign up in the Guidance Office. Families may contact guidance counselors by calling the Guidance Office at (859) 381-3481 or emailing the guidance counselor directly.
Registration for new students is Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m and 1:00-2:30pm. Check the instructions under the Registrar tab for enrollment information.
What Does a Counselor Do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs
- Intervenes with potential dropouts
- Helps students relate to others
- Provides counsel to teachers and parents so that they can better help their children and students
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources
- Identify student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs
- Utilize other school specialists to aid students in their growing process
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies
- Hosts and facilitate parent discussion groups
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans
- Participates in curriculum development