Our guidance staff provides students and families with support throughout the high school experience. Each counselor has students in grades 9-12. Students may sign up to see their counselor via email or sign up in the Guidance Office. Families may contact counselors by calling the Guidance Office at (859) 381-3481 or emailing the counselor. Registration for new students is 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Check the instructions under the Registrar tab for enrollment information.
What Does a Counselor Do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs
- Intervenes with potential dropouts
- Helps students relate to others
- Provides counsel to teachers and parents so that they can better help their children and students
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources
- Identify student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs
- Utilize other school specialists to aid students in their growing process
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies
- Hosts and facilitate parent discussion groups
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans
- Participates in curriculum development