School for the Creative & Performing Arts Lafayette
SCAPA Lafayette is a program for students in grades 9–12, who have been identified as gifted/talented in the areas of Art, Music, Dance, Drama and Creativity. Lafayette High School is home to the SCAPA Lafayette program.
SCAPA Lafayette offers Fayette County School's highest level of instruction for high school students identified as gifted in:
- Contemporary Dance
- Drama: Traditional and Technical paths.
- Literary Arts
- Visual Arts
- Including eventual specializations in Architecture/Design and New Media
- Vocal Music
SCAPA Lafayette provides students the opportunity to further develop and enhance their abilities in the arts in a setting that emphasizes the arts while providing a solid academic foundation at one of the top 10 high schools in Kentucky.
Students who attend SCAPA Lafayette take 2 classes per year in their arts area. Arts area instruction is provided by arts specialists.
SCAPA students have received numerous honors, including: distinguished ratings at KMEA assessments for band, strings, and vocal students, All-State Choir, All-State Band, All-State Jazz Band, All-State Orchestra, State winner of the KTA One-Act Play contest, numerous winners of state and national art contests, state and national creative writing awards and publications, and many others!!
SCAPA Lafayette Course Offerings:
- Art: Design Fundamentals, Studio Art I and II, AP Studio Art. (Additional individualized course options)
- Music: Musicianship I and II, Musicianship III (Pre-AP Music Theory) and AP Music Theory in addition to a performing ensemble each year.
- Dance: Ballet I, II, III, IV and Contemporary Dance I, II, III, IV.
- Drama: SCAPA Theatre I, II, III, IV; Intro and Advanced Technical Theatre
- Literary Arts: SCAPA Literary Arts I, II, III, IV
SCAPA Lafayette Performance Opportunities:
Opportunities include, but are not Limited to: Art Lease Exhibits, Fall Play, Spring Musicals, One-Act Play, Dance SCAPA, Piano Recitals, Band Concerts, Orchestra Concerts, Solo & Ensemble Festivals, Literary Arts Writing Exhibits, Guest Artists, Choral Concerts, Multi-Arts Area Performances, SCAPA Sampler, Community Outreach Performances, KMEA All-State Performing Groups, and many, many more every year!
For questions about SCAPA Lafayette
Contact Ryan Marsh, SCAPA Lafayette G/T Program Coordinator