In limited circumstances, a student may be permitted to attend a different school than the one serving their family's neighborhood. While not all schools are open to out-of-area requests because of space limitations, you may apply for your child to attend an eligible school. Please keep in mind the criteria for applying are extremely limited, and because of capacity concerns, all students are encouraged to attend their assigned schools.
- SchoolSite Locator tool -- Plug in the student's home address to see the assigned school.
- Boundary changes and revised maps
The out-of-area online application for the following school year is available after Spring Break. Placements generally are reviewed during June and July, but might come later for schools with high student enrollment.
School board policy
- Students in grades 6 through 12 who attend a school other than their assigned school shall be ineligible for all interscholastic sports for 36 school weeks following approval, unless eligible for a senior waiver.
- The student's parent/guardian is responsible for adequate and timely transportation to and from school.
- The student is expected to demonstrate acceptable behavior, make academic progress, and be in regular attendance.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is www.fcps.net/outofarea.