School Zoning Committee
The newest elementary school in FCPS, at 4801 Athens Boonesboro Rd., opened in the fall of 2019 with a capacity of 750 students. The redistricting committee -- made up of Davis Demographics, community, city, and school partners -- developed a plan to move residences along the Richmond Road corridor on the East/Southeast side of Lexington. The rezoning shifted about 500 students into the new building, with projected growth to 650 within five years. The school board approved the plan at its October 2018 action meeting.
Committee's 2018 meetings
- June 5 | Introduction of the process | Minutes
- June 12 | Davis Demographics intro | Handouts | Minutes
- June 19 | Various scenarios, with Q&A | Handouts | Minutes
- July 10 | More scenarios, with Q&A | Handouts | Minutes
- July 24 | Student numbers, maps, and growth projections | Handouts | Minutes
- Aug. 9 | Scenario H for new school | Scenario for Veterans Park Elementary | Minutes
- Sept. 6 | Community forums | Minutes
- Oct. 8: Proposal to the school board at their planning meeting
- Oct. 22: Presentation at the school board's action meeting | Details
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/zones
In the last round of redistricting, the Fayette County Board of Education approved revised attendance boundaries in June 2015 to incorporate three new schools: Garrett Morgan Elementary east of I-75 off Polo Club Boulevard, Coventry Oak Elementary off Georgetown Road, and Frederick Douglass High School on Winchester Road. The maps below reflect these changes.
Effective in 2016-17:
Effective in 2017-18: