School Equity Champions
Who is an equity champion?
It's a school employee who goes above and beyond, either during their day-to-day work or on special occasions, to:
- Celebrate diversity in their classrooms;
- Champion equity and justice, and advocate for fairness and access for all;
- Model and lead inclusion efforts for all;
- Help make everyone around them feel like they fully belong as their true authentic selves; and
- Ensure and promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at their school or in the community.
We nominate school equity champions each month.