Meet Your Sustainability Team
Tresine Logsdon spearheads the SEE KY program in Fayette County Public Schools and supports school-based, student-driven sustainability and energy efficiency projects by working closely with teachers, principals, students and community partners. She has over 20 years of classroom teaching experience, most recently at Henry Clay High School teaching AP Environmental Science and Biology. Tresine is married to Matthew Logsdon, a Language Arts teacher at Henry Clay High School, and they have two daughters.
Sustainability and environmental education have been Tresine's passion since beginning her teaching career. She is inspired everyday by FCPS teacher leadership and students' inherent enthusiasm for sustainability, innovative school improvement project ideas, and voracious desire to learn and do more.
- Bachelor of Arts, Transylvania University, Teaching Biology
- MLIS, University of Kentucky, Masters Library & Information Science
- Rank I, University of the Cumberlands, School Administration
- Professional Environmental Educator Certification, KY Env Education Council
- LEED Green Associate Certified, US Green Building Council
Logan Poteat is the energy engineer for Fayette County Public Schools. He works with a variety of departments throughout the district, ranging from maintenance and operations, to the IT department and Child Nutrition, as well as working with each individual school to look for ways to improve sustainability and implement energy efficiency initiatives. These efforts have included revising or optimizing HVAC schedules, investigating lighting retrofit opportunities, education of building occupants, and analyzing the total utility consumption and utility rate structures of more than 65 buildings.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Louisville, mechanical engineering
- Master of Engineering, University of Louisville, mechanical engineering
- Environmental Engineering Certificate
- Member of the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) and is a Certified Energy Manager (CEM)