Extended School Services
Extended School Services, or ESS, is a required school-based program that serves to enhance performance, close achievement gaps, and provide additional instruction for students. ESS must occur outside traditional school hours, but more programming can be provided throughout the school day.
ESS provides opportunities for students to:
- Build skills that enhance learning;
- Belong and be a part of a community;
- Receive assistance for knowledge or skills that they might not have mastered during regular instruction;
- Build strong relationships with adults or other mentors;
- Make connections with peers;
- Retain and enhance what they are learning in the classroom each day.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/ess