Skip To Main Content

Registration & Enrollment

Kindergarten registration for 2024-25 is now open. Don't wait until the summer crunch. Sign up early!Note: Interpreters will be available at 701 E. Main St. to help multilingual families on April 9, May 9, and June 13.

Kindergarten: Kentucky law requires youths between 6 and 18 years old to attend school, and the birthday cutoff to enroll in kindergarten is age 5 on or before Aug. 1.

Preschool: Families may apply for preschool if their child turns 4 on or before Aug. 1 and is income-eligible. Please visit our preschool webpage for instructions. Applications for the fall will be processed starting in late April. (Three- and 4-year-olds who have a special need may apply year-round.)

Steps to sign up any K-12 student who is new to Fayette County Public Schools:

  1. Review the necessary paperwork under Resources below.
  2. Then, start with online registration
  3. Lastly, call your school's registrar for an appointment to finish the packet in person. Note: If FCPS buildings are closed (e.g. wintry weather), you will have to reschedule. 

FCPS enrolls students at the school where they are zoned based on residential address. Once we receive all the required documents, your school will confirm your child's enrollment.  

Note: The application window for out-of-area requests opens after Spring Break.



Christina Moore,
administrative assistant
in Pupil Personnel
(859) 381-4130