Contractor Approval Process
Please follow these steps to apply to be an approved contractor with Fayette County Public Schools:
1. Register as a contractor. Outside contractors should select “Login as Guest.”
2. Submit background checks (state and federal) and CAN letter from CHFS that are less than 6 months old.
- Where: FCPS Human Resources Office, 450 Park Place in Lexington
- When: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday;
- If submitting documents only, please use the Human Resources drop box.
- If you need a picture for your contractor badge, schedule a photo appointment with HR.
If you do not have current documentation:
- Schedule an appointment to complete your fingerprints through the state IdentoGO system (cost $53.25). The FCPS code is 27G11H.
- Complete the Criminal Abuse and Neglect (CAN) Registry Check (cost $10). Follow these CAN instructions and then email your receipt to the FCPS Application Center to be placed into pending status. Submit the results within 30 days to the same email address to become fully approved.
- Schedule an appointment for your contractor badge photo. Please bring a photo ID.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/contractors
In accordance with state regulation KRS 160.380, in order to perform work at a school when students are present, any outside contractor and its employees and parents on SBDM councils must submit these three background checks for approval:
- Kentucky State Police;
- FBI; and
- Cabinet for Health and Family Services child abuse and neglect (CAN) central registry report.
Email the FCPS Application Center or call (859) 381-4190.