Located inside 10 FCPS facilities are school-based clinics managed by HealthFirst Bluegrass Inc. and partially funded by the federal Health Resources and Services Administration. These clinics are like a regular doctor's office and can handle some services without parents/guardians having to leave work, such as ADHD services, acute/sick visits, mental health counseling, and dental treatment.
To help students meet Kentucky's school health requirements, these clinics accept appointments for the following services:
- School physical exams (preschool, kindergarten, and sixth-grade)
- School sports physical exams
- Required immunizations (preschool, kindergarten, sixth-grade, and age 16)
Any student within the FCPS system can be seen in the Healthy Kids Clinics as long as a completed and signed consent packet is on file. Families may fill out the paperwork at home before a scheduled visit or at the clinic. The elementary and the high school clinics operate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays when school is in session, and the middle school site (LTMS) is open 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Note: Students who use school-based clinics for primary care are welcome anytime at the HealthFirst clinics at 1640 Bryan Station Rd. and 496 Southland Drive.
- Insurance card (The clinics accept Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance.)
- Copy of the student's current immunization record.
Some students might qualify for the Kentucky Children's Health Insurance Program (KCHIP), based on family income.
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/clinics
Please call for an appointment:
(To speak to a nurse or care provider after hours, call 859-288-2425.)
- Arlington Elementary,
122 Arceme Ave.,
- Booker T. Washington Elementary,
707 Howard St.,
- Breckinridge Elementary,
2101 St. Mathilda Drive,
- Cardinal Valley Elementary,
218 Mandalay Road,
- Harrison Elementary,
161 Bruce St.,
- Mary Todd Elementary,
551 Parkside Drive,
- Tates Creek Elementary,
1113 Centre Parkway,
- William Wells Brown Elementary,
555 E. Fifth St.,
- Lexington Traditional Magnet School,
350 N. Limestone,
- Tates Creek High School,
1111 Centre Parkway,