Skip To Main Content


If planning to retire from Fayette County Public Schools, the first step is to call Frankfort to find out your eligibility and pension estimates.

  • Certified and Classified salaried employees will call KTRS (Kentucky Teachers Retirement System, (800) 618-1687
  • Classified hourly employees will call KPPA (Kentucky Public Pensions Authority), (800) 928-4646

Then email Sharon Bullard with your retirement date and employee ID. 

The state applications are due 30 days before your retirement date. The deadline for submitting your intent to retire from Fayette County Public Schools is 45 days before your retirement date.

If you are or will be age 65 in three months of your retirement, please call the Social Security Office as well.

FAQ on Retirement

Financial Advisers

This is not an exhaustive list, and FCPS provides these links only as a convenience -- not an endorsement of these companies or services.

American Fidelity

Corebridge Financial


Kentucky Deferred Comp

Lincoln Investment

PenServ Plan Services

Voya Investment Management


Sharon Bell Bullard,
retirement/benefits specialist
Office: (859) 422-0614
Cell: (859) 270-2530
Fax: (859) 440-2489