Golden Apple Awards
The Golden Apple Awards go to high-performance community partners that provide an exceptional commitment of time, energy, and expertise to individual schools or the Fayette County district as a whole through mentorships and varied programs and initiatives. Through this recognition, the Community Partner Leadership Team (CPLT) spotlights the commitment of our community and FCPS to provide a world-class education to all our students.
The CPLT accepts nominations in these partnership categories:
- Faith-based group
- Post-secondary institution department/student group
- Community organization/non-profit
- School-based organization (PTA, boosters, student clubs)
A selected committee of CPLT reviews the nominations and presents them to the CPLT membership for confirmation.
To qualify for consideration, the partner organization must meet the following criteria:
- The focus of the partnership is on improving/supporting student achievement.
- Partnership activities align with district and/or school improvement plans.
- There is a clear, common understanding of what the school needs and what the community partner can provide.
- The community partner collaborates with the district, school principal, staff and/or School-Based Decision Making Council to define goals and initiate the partnership.
- There is an appointed coordinator and/or a committee each year to meet with the principal or district leadership to plan and implement partnership programs and projects.
Submit a nomination (The window is closed May 31 through Aug. 15. Awards are usually presented in August.)
Photo credit to Mahan: Where Light Meets Story