Kindergarten: Kentucky law requires youths between 6 and 18 years old to attend school, and the birthday cutoff to enroll in kindergarten is age 5 on or before Aug. 1.
Preschool: Families may apply for preschool if their child turns 4 on or before Aug. 1 and is income-eligible. Please visit our preschool webpage in late April for instructions. (Three- and 4-year-olds who have a special need may apply year-round.)
Please follow these steps to sign up any K-12 student who is new to Fayette County Public Schools:
- First, tap the icons below to review the necessary paperwork.
- Then, start with online registration.
- Lastly, call your school's registrar for an appointment to finish the packet in person. Note: If FCPS buildings are closed, then registration is canceled (e.g. snow day).
FCPS enrolls students at the school where they are zoned based on residential address. Once we receive all the required documents, your school will confirm your child's enrollment.
- Forms for families (PDFs to download and print as needed)
- Digital forms (if preferred; not all are available as digital)
Web tip: The URL shortcut to this page is fcps.net/registration or fcps.net/enrollment