Morton's Youth Services Center
Family support programs thrive in a community where resources, leadership, and caring come together in response to real problems and real opportunities. Recognizing the importance of the total family in educational success, we offer a Youth Services Center to help families and children meet national and state academic standards. (The resource centers were included in the Kentucky Education Reform Act of 1990.) Their mission is to enhance students' abilities to succeed in school by assisting youngsters and their families with access to community programs.
At the middle school level, the YSC provides:
- Health service and referrals to community health and social agencies;
- Employment counseling, training, and placement for youth;
- Summer and part-time job development for youths;
- Substance abuse services or referrals;
- Family crisis and mental health services or referrals.