School-Based Decision-Making Council
SBDM councils promote shared leadership among those who are closest to the students: parents, teachers, and administrators. As the school's governing body, the council determines curriculum, staffing, discipline, scheduling, instructional practices, extra-curricular activities, and other matters pertinent to the operation. The council must set school policy to provide an environment to enhance student achievement and help the school reach its accountability goals. To meet this responsibility, councils should:
Decide targets for closing achievement gaps;
Determine the professional learning plan for the school;
Meet monthly and comply with the Open Meetings and Open Records Act;
Consult on vacancies (principal, classified, and certified positions); and
Write and review policies.
During the 2022-23 school year, SBDM will be reviewing and updating many of the existing policies. All stakeholders, students, parents, administrators, staff, and community members are welcome to provide input throughout this process. Please use the links below to find information about this process. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Principal Mr. Little or inquire at the next SBDM meeting.
The policies, under revision, can be found here and are updated in real-time.
The tentative schedule indicating when each policy may be presented to SBDM and which HCHS Committee is charged with its revision can be found here.
- July 20, 2022
- August 16, 2022
- September 14, 2022
- October 12, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- December 14, 2022
- January 18, 2023 (rescheduled from January 11)
- February 8, 2023 Special Called meeting at 4:30pm - Master Schedule Training
- February 8, 2023 Regularly Scheduled Meeting at 5:30pm
- March 15, 2023 cancelled 3/14/23
- March 22, 2023
- April 19, 2023
- May 1, 2023 Special Called meeting at 5pm - Principal Selection Training
- May 5, 2023 Special Called meeting at 3:30pm
- May 10, 2023
- May 17, 2023 Special Called Meeting 3:30pm
- May 18, 2023 Special Called Meeting 3:30pm (if needed)
- May 25, 2023 Special Called Meeting 6pm
- May 26, 2023 Special Called Meeting 6pm
- May 27, 2023 Special Called Meeting (if needed), TBA
- June 7, 2023
All meetings start at 5:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted and are held in the Media Center.
Documents for the May 10, 2023 SBDM Meeting are below.
Draft Minutes from April 19, 2023 SBDM meeting
2023-24 HCHS Proposed Professional Development (PD) Plan
Extracurricular Programs Policy - 2nd read