1) 20-21 AP Exam Schedule
To provide flexibility to schools that need more instructional time before testing and to prioritize the health/safety of students and educators, the College Board has released an expanded 2021 AP Exam schedule. Rather than offering a single testing approach, this year’s testing administration includes a variety of testing options. Testing will now take place from May 18th-May 28th. The administration includes both paper and digital testing as well as in-school and at-home testing options. All exams will be full-length tests and cover the full course content. Please review the AP Testing Schedule and additional information in this link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eQcOvB798rAbFmdfvr54jHM7HuiCtIxhn74Yk2m7jHo/edit?usp=sharing
Testing will now take place from May 18th – May 28th. This administration includes both paper and digital testing as well as in-school and at-home testing options. All exams will still be full-length tests and cover the full course content. Please review the following chart carefully for revised testing dates, times, and format:
Wednesday, May 12th
- Music Theory
Tuesday, May 18th
- English Literature & Composition
- Computer Science A
Wednesday, May 19th
- European History
- U.S. History
- Art History
Thursday, May 20th
- U.S. Government & Politics
- World History: Modern
Friday, May 21st
Exams @ LHS
- Japanese Language
- Spanish Language
- Chinese Language & Culture
- French Language & Culture
Monday, May 24th
Exams @ LHS
- Calculus AB
- Calculus BC
- Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Tuesday, May 25th
Exams @ LHS
- Physics 2: Algebra –Based
Wednesday, May 26th
- English Language & Composition
- Computer Science Principles
Thursday, May 27th
- Environmental Science
Friday, May 28th
- Human Geography
Potential Schedule Conflicts and Alternate Plans
In looking ahead at any potential schedule conflicts, please take note of the following:
- May 18th is currently the last day of school. Students scheduled for these exams will able to test at home, treating the day as a field trip. If a student needs to be in class, students can sign up to take the exam(s) on June 1st.
- Graduation dates will not be finalized until after spring break. If there is a conflict with graduation and AP exams, students will be provided with an opportunity to take their exam in early June.
If a student is unable to test in person on May 21st, May 24th, or May 25th the alternate dates are provided below:
- World Language and Music Theory exams must be administered in-person. The make-up day is June 4th.
- The make-up day for May 24th exams is June 9th (online only).
- The make-up day for May 25th exams is June 10th (online only).
Online Testing @ Home
As you begin to make preparations for digital exams, please make note of the following:
- Exams must be taken on desktop or laptop computers (no smartphones or tablets permitted; Chromebooks are allowed).
- No handwritten or photographed work will be accepted. FRQs will be adapted so that responses can be easily typed with a computer keyboard.
- The digital AP Exams will not allow moving between questions.
- The online exams will not require a continuous wifi connection. This year’s new testing application is tolerant of disruptions in internet connectivity.
- Computers must be fully charged to last through the full-length exam and be able to be plugged in during the exam if needed.
- There will be opportunities to practice the digital format so that you are ready for test day.
If you need to cancel your exam registration for any reason, the College Board has waived the cancellation fee for this year. You’ll be able to receive a full refund. If you have any questions, please reach out to Mrs. Lilly. Her email address is: email@example.com
2) STILL NEED TO REGISTER? AP Exam Registration: IMPORTANT AP EXAM INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN AP COURSES FOR 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR:
Students will register for AP Exams in the FALL. Regular Online Exam registration for students currently taking AP courses, begins October 1st, and ends October 31st at 11:59 pm.
To register for AP Exams:
***Students already have log-ins created for this site, please DO NOT make new accounts. If students have trouble accessing the College Board site, they can contact College Board to reset passwords/help with log in: 888-225-5427
Step 2: Registration/Payment for the exam(s): www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/181430. To complete registration & payment, all required questions must be answered. Please provide an e-mail address that you will check as you will receive important information regarding AP exams via e-mail. Print a copy of the PDF confirmation page for your records once registration and payment are complete. 2021 AP Exams cost $99.00 per exam, Payments will be made directly to Total Registration—no payments will be made to Lafayette or collected at Lafayette. The majority of exams will be administered off campus or on-line depending on covid restrictions. Transportation to and from the test site will be the student’s responsibility.
Below are the important dates and information for the registration/payment process:
Registration website: TotalRegistration.net/AP/181430 (case sensitive)
- October 1st Regular Registration Begins
- November 1st Late Registration Begins: $25 late fine per registration
- November 12th Last Day for Full Refund
- November 14th $65 Late Fine per Exam Begins
- March 10th Last Day to Order Exams with Late Fines
- April 30th Last Day for Partial Refund - *Fine of $25 per exam cancelled
- Late fines are non-refundable.
*Please note: College Board requires a higher exam fee for AP Seminar, $147*
Overview of Registration/Payment Process Steps:
- Go to link: TotalRegistration.net/AP/181430
- If you have registered for an AP exam in the past, please use the same email address.
- Complete all sections/questions on the registration form.
- Carefully check exams and teachers for which you have registered (exam names and schedule are on the back of this letter.)
- Complete payment online with Total Registration.
- Print payment confirmation page for your records. Registration is complete when you are able to print a confirmation page.
Please contact Tracey Lilly, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have questions about the AP Exam registration/payment process.