Assessments for Students
ACT & SAT Testing
Many colleges and universities require students to take a college entrance exam. It is suggested you check with the school to see if there is a preference and if they require you to take the Writing/Essay portion of the exam.
Register for the ACT and get information about test dates, accommodations, fees, fee waivers, what to bring, and more at www.act.org.
Register for the SAT and get information about fees, what to bring on test day, how to study, accommodations and more at www.collegeboard.org.
PSAT/NMSQT - Juniors can qualify for National Merit Scholarships
Sophomores take PSAT 10 for practice. Score report gives areas of strengths and weaknesses.
Advanced Placement (AP) Exam Registration
Scholars at CGWA taking AP Exams will register and make payments online. As a college preparatory academy, we strongly recommend that your scholar register for the Advanced Placement assessment. Registration only takes a few minutes. Online Exam registration opens on Tuesday, February 12, 2019 and ends on Wednesday, March 6, 2019. In order to register, students should click on the link www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/180007.
This year CGWA is partnering with FDHS and Advance Kentucky to expand success in rigorous college-level work in high school. This program is dedicated to helping Kentucky students reach new heights in rigorous academic achievement. As part of that grant, our English AP Exam is offered at a discounted rate.
- AP US History
- Cost $98.00
- Taken on Friday, May 10, 2019
- AP English Language & Composition
- Cost $56.00
- Taken on Wednesday, May 15, 2019
All payments are made directly to Total Registration. No payments will be collected at Carter G. Woodson Academy. Exams need to be ordered and paid for online by 11:59 pm Wednesday, March 6, 2019. Please make sure to fill in all information accurately as it will be copied onto your test answer sheet. Provide an active email address so that we can contact you and send important information regarding AP Exams. Please print a copy of your Confirmation Page for your records once your payment and registration are complete.
Steps for Registration:
1. Go to link: www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/180007 (case sensitive)
2. If you have registered for an AP exam in the past, please use the same email address.
3. Complete all questions on the online registration form. Info will be preprinted on your Answer sheet.
4. Carefully check exams and teachers when you register.
5. We strongly suggest that both parent and scholar are present while registering to ensure correct exam(s) is ordered and correct information is given.
6. Make payment online with Total Registration using a credit/debit card.
7. Print registration and payment confirmation page for your records.
8. Registration is complete when you are able to print a confirmation page.
Please contact Mrs. Dunn at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or difficulty with the registration process.
ACT Academy - interactive practice questions, video lessons, and educational games.
Ultimate Test Prep - Let them analyze your test mistakes.
IXL math - practice problems for math and language arts.
The College Project - ACT prep, college planning, and tutoring.
- AP US History