The Mission of the Bryan Station High School Youth Services Center is to utilize faculty, staff, parents and community resources to work collaboratively in assisting our students with the highest level of achievement in making a successful transition to adult life.
To enhance students’ ability to succeed in school by developing and sustaining partnerships that promote:
- College and Career Readiness
- Academic Achievement and Well-being
Procedures for the YSC:
Parents: All parents must call to schedule a visit to the YSC. Our direct line is 859-381-3321. Once appointments are established then parents visit the center through our outside entrance only. Paperwork to help us understand your current emergency are provided for you to fill out and bring to your appointment.
Students: Students will be asked to come to the YSC for appointments by calling a class or by sending an appointment slip. Students will return to the classroom with the same slip signed by me or my intern. In those instances when a student has an emergency or has a plan in place to be seen by the YSC please call ahead before sending that student.
We are here to help support you and your student in the classroom and at home. Please call us if you have a need at 859 381-3321. Reasons that students will have appointments in the YSC:
Referrals to Health and Social Services
- Defender Food Pantry
- Clothing, Shoe and School Supplies
- Homeless Families and Youth Interventions
- Financial Literacy
Career Exploration and Development
- Mentoring: Youth 180
- BCTC Pearl Academy
- StreetLaw with UK Law School
Summer and Part-time Job Development
- Summer Enrichment
- Leadership Training and Summer Employment
- Refugee Impact Grant
Substance Abuse Education and Counseling
- Crisis Intervention and Case Management
- ASPIRE Tobacco Cessation Program
Family Crisis and Mental Health Counseling
- KVC Counseling Services On-Site
- AWARE Grant Provision
- Truancy Diversion Program
- Group Counseling on current issues: Anxiety, social skills, etc.
- Bully Intervention and Support
- Dispute Resolution
- Motivating All Day Everyday Group