What is an ambassador?
The Academy Student Ambassador Program recruits, trains, and supports students who repesent their various Academies. Ambassadors practice and improve their leadership skills through monthly training and networking with business partners. As leaders of their Academy, Ambassadors provide a student voice to support the growth and improvement of their Academy. Each career Academy has ambassadors from various grade levels.
- Attend Ambassador orientation (summer) and bi-weekly leadership training
- Conduct visitor tours of TCHS and the Academies
- Attend school and district events as requested
- Serve as hosts for open house and ceremony events
- Recruit freshman students for their respective Academies
- Attend Academy SLC meetings to add student perspectives, as needed
- Practice and improve their leadership and networking skills
- Engage with the Lexington community and business partners
- Advocate on behalf of their fellow students
- Add a significant experience and skill set to their resumes
- Be a rising 10th, 11th, or 12th grader
- Maintain good academic standing
- Maintain regular school attendance, with minimal tardies; students should not be truant
- Positively represent TCHS and their Academy; students should not have behavior referrals
- Have a desire to highlight and improve their communication and leadership skills
- Be committed to attending some after school events, as requested
- Submit a complete application to the Academy Coach
- Participate in an interview for the ambassador program
- Navy Blazer (Provided by school)
- Maroon Tie/Scarf (Provided by school)
- Khaki pants or skirt
- White shirt/blouse
- Dress shoes
- New Ambassadors will be required to attend a summer training (one day)
- All Ambassadors will be trained bi-weekly on leadership skills and events
- Components of training: https://goo.gl/wb6XVn
- Ambassadors (TN): https://goo.gl/DdLkZt
- Students must complete an application, submit three recommendations, and participate in an interview.
- Ambassadors will be selected by a committee of Academy members.
How to apply:
- Complete an application: Ambassador Application
- Due May 10th, 2019
- Submit the recommendation form: Recommendation form
- Two from teachers, and one from a counselor or administrator.
- Submit all the form to Ms. Wickersham in the main office.
- Participate in an interview:
- Once you submit your recommendations, you will be scheduled for an interview.
- Interviews will take place the week of May 20th.
- For questions or additional information, please contact our Academy Coach:
- Amanda Wickersham email@example.com
Academy of Design & Engineering
Noah Lane Nic Baker Tiajah Hutcherson Ian Dingle Isaac Fraser
Academy of Business, Entrepreneurship, & Education
Sam Newman Nina Simmons Ben Camuel Shelbie Bonta
Academy of Medical & Emergency Services
Anaiya Tucker Brianna Wiggington Jacky Delgado Amanda Kanatzar
Academy of the International Baccalaureate Program & Information Technology
Liam Cercone Hafsa Arshad Alexis Petrey Charles Wilson Sally Yousef
Matt Belcher Allison Eckmann Anthony Lopez