We are here to assist students and families. Please let us know how we can help!
Missing You all- March 17, 2020 Guidance Update
Hey everyone. We just wanted to say hello and that WE MISS YOU!! During this break we want you to take care of yourselves and have lots of fun, but also still do some learning. These are reminders of the things that we have been working on in Guidance and these are websites and apps that can help you to calm down, talk about your feelings, or just have fun! For third, fourth and fifth graders, check your Guidance Google Classroom for some assignments that we have posted. If you complete these assignments and turn them in to us, there might be a little treat for you when we get back. So remember, when your brothers or sisters are getting on your nerves, Stop, Name your Feeling, and Calm Down. Use your problem solving steps and make wise choices. We can’t wait to see you.
Mrs. Hodgson and Mrs. Hall
What does guidance staff do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups.
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs.
- Helps students relate to others.
- Provides counsel to teachers and families so that they can better help their children.
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources.
- Identifies student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs.
- Uses other school specialists to aid students in their growing process.
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies.
- Hosts and facilitate family discussion groups.
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans.
- Participates in curriculum development.