Welcome to the Lafayette High School Guidance Office. Our staff provides students and families with support throughout the high school experience.
Each Counselor has students in grades 9-12. Students may sign up to see their Counselor via email or sign up in the Guidance Office.
Parents may contact Counselors by calling the Guidance Office at 859-381-3481 or e-mailing the counselor.
Registration for new students is 8:30am - 12:00pm and 1:30-3:00pm.
Note: If you need to register your child for the upcoming school year, please come in before the first day of school. Check the instructions under the Registrar Tab.
What Does a Counselor Do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs
- Intervenes with potential dropouts
- Helps students relate to others
- Provides counsel to teachers and parents so that they can better help their children and students
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources
- Identify student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs
- Utilize other school specialists to aid students in their growing process
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies
- Hosts and facilitate parent discussion groups
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans
- Participates in curriculum development