What is an Excused Absence/Tardy
What is an excused absence/tardy?
- Death of immediate family member
- Illness of student: Parents have a total of ten (10) parent notes to write for student illness. After a total of ten (10) cumulative absences due to illness, students are required to present a written statement from a medical professional for each additional absence for the school year in order to be excused.
- Religious holidays and practices
- Medical and dental appointments
- Family emergencies: limited to three (3) cumulative absent events per school year, as approved by the Principal.
FAMILY VACATIONS AND TRIPS ARE NOT EXCUSED ABSENCES UNLESS YOU COMPLETE THE EDUCATION ENHANCEMENT PROCESS AND ARE APPROVED.