The Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) system recognizes that parent/family engagement is essential as we partner to educate our District’s students and to prepare them for life-long learning. Schools, families, and community must all be actively involved in developing strong programs and policies that support the academic success of every student in the FCPS system.
All those interested in becoming a volunteer must annually register through Fayette County Public schools online registration.Click here.
Required Documents for Registration
All students must have the following to register:
- A copy of their birth certificate
- We must have a valid Kentucky Immunization Certificate which meets these additional recent requirements:
- Two MMR’s after the first birthday, if the student is age four or over.
- Three Hepatitis B immunizations
- One HIB immunization if student is under age five
- TWO (not one) One Chickenpox vaccine, after the first birthday, or a written statement by parent or physician that child has had the disease.
- A physical examination done within one year prior to or 30 days after entering school. Eye examination done by ophthalmologist or optometrist by January 1 of the year of enrollment. Dental exam by January 1 of the year of enrollment.
- Primary proof of residence (deed, lease or rental agreement)
- Secondary proof of residence (utility bill, current tax bill or receipt)
Every student must have a completed information card on file. The card must be returned immediately as it is very important that we are able to contact you if your child is injured or ill. Complete the last instruction as well. We will not release a child to anyone not listed on the card. Please notify the office if phone numbers or addresses change throughout the year.
Please do not double park in the lot. You may use the bus lane in front of the school to drop your child off in the morning. Do not park there to come into the building. You may not use the bus lane in the afternoon. Please use the side streets or the parking lot.
All VISITORS MUST REGISTER in the office. NO EXCEPTIONS. Visitors must sign in every time they enter the building .
Attendance at school is essential for good performance and high achievement. A written excuse, dated and signed by the parent is required for all absences. Excused absences include illness, death of an immediate family member, religious holidays for which prior approval is given, medical and dental appointments, and special cases approved by the principal. Children are tardy if they arrive after 8:00 AM. and must obtain a tardy slip from the office.
Picking Up Your Child
If you are picking up your child at dismissal time, please wait outside of the building. All transportation changes must be made BEFORE 2:00pm. We must have a written note if there is a change in your child’s transportation. No change in transportation will be permitted unless we have a written note from the parent. A telephone call will NOT be accepted. During the school day, you must come into the office to sign your child out. Children are only released from class when called from the office.