Information for Families
The Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) system recognizes that parent/family involvement is essential as we partner to educate our District’s students and to prepare them for life-long learning. Schools, families, and community must all be actively involved in developing strong programs and policies that support the academic success of every student in the FCPS system. Click here to access the district's Parent Involvement Policy.
All those interested in becoming a volunteer must annually register through Fayette County Public schools online registration.Click here.
Required Documents for Registration
Please bring the following to registration:
- Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity
- Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt
- Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate
- Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1)
- Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable
Information Cards (Blue Card)
Every student must have a completed information card on file. The card must be returned immediately as it is very important that we are able to contact you if your child is injured or ill. We will not release a child to anyone not listed on the card. Please notify the office if phone numbers or addresses change throughout the year.
All VISITORS MUST REGISTER in the office. NO EXCEPTIONS. Visitors must sign in every time they enter the building .
Attendance at school is essential for good performance and high achievement. A written excuse, either a doctor's note or a note dated and signed by the parent is required for all absences. Excused absences include illness, death of an immediate family member, religious holidays for which prior approval is given, medical and dental appointments, and special cases approved by the principal. Children are tardy if they arrive after 7:45 AM. and must obtain a tardy slip from the office.