Welcome to the Counselor's office. Our school's Counselor is Bethany Dewsnap and she is here to not only do I cousel children daily but also to help organize testing for Liberty Elementary and help lead 504 meetings. If you have questions or need assistance please feel free to email the her at the information below.
What Do Counselor's Do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups.
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs.
- Intervenes with potential dropouts.
- Helps students relate to others.
- Provides counsel to teachers and parents so that they can better help their children and students.
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources.
- Identify student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs.
- Utilize other school specialists to aid students in their growing process.
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies.
- Hosts and facilitate parent discussion groups.
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans.
- Participates in curriculum development.