Welcome to Our Library
Mission and Goals
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. This mission is accomplished:
by providing intellectual and physical access to materials in all formats
by providing instruction to foster competence and stimulate interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas
by working with other educators to design learning strategies to meet the needs of individual students.
--Information Power: Guidelines for School
(1988), p. 1
Hours of Operation
M-F from 9:05 - 3:55pm
Tanya Butler, Library Media Specialist
The purpose of this site is to support the middle school curriculum and to support information literacy skills. This site can be used by parents, teachers, and students who need a tool to help with information access.
Here are some of the things you will find on this Web site:
- Web sites for all curriculum areas
- Search engines to help you navigate through the World Wide Web
- The Kentucky Virtual Library
- Library media activities
- Online Public Access Catalog which accesses E. J. Hayes' online catalog
- FCPS Union Catalog which links you to all of the county's public school libraries
- WebMax which offers additional materials for classroom use
- And, much more to come
I hope that you find this Web site to be a useful tool in research and planning. Please contact Tanya Butler, library media specialist, if you need further assistance.