Since 1994, our Family Resource Center (FRC) has served two area elementary schools: Sandersville (formerly Linlee) and Meadowthorpe. The FRC provides a variety of programs and services to enhance student success. All children enrolled in these schools and their families can use the FRC.
- Limited assistance with basic needs and community referrals
- God's Pantry Food Bank referrals, cleaning supplies, school supplies, eye exams, health and dental needs, GED programs, holiday programs, clothing, weekend backpack food, crisis needs, child-care referrals
- Family storytimes/family nights
- Fun events that include activities like dinner, reading, fitness, and crafts
- Family lunch days scheduled by grade level and grandparent lunches in the fall
- Monthly support group for family members raising relatives' children
- Student programs such as academic recognition, girls mentoring, after-school clubs, community service
- Pre-school, after-school, and summer programs
- Babysitter course with training for fifth graders
- Parent/child classes
- Assistance for children with incarcerated parents
- And much, much more -- just ask!
FRC Advisory Council
The Meadowthorpe FRC Advisory Council meets five times during the school year to oversee services and programs. The council is composed of parents/guardians, school staff, and community representatives. All meetings are open to the public on Wednesdays from 3:30 to 4:15 p.m.
- Sept. 11, 2019 — at Sandersville
- Nov. 6, 2019 — at Meadowthorpe
- Jan. 8, 2020 — at Sandersville
- March 4, 2020 — at Meadowthorpe
- May 6, 2020 — at Sandersville