Since 1994, our Family Resource Center (FRC) has served two area elementary schools: Sandersville (formerly Linlee) and Meadowthorpe. The FRC provides a variety of programs and services to enhance student success. All children enrolled in these schools and their families can use the FRC.
- Limited assistance with basic needs and community referrals
- God's Pantry Food Bank referrals, cleaning supplies, school supplies, eye exams, health and dental needs, GED programs, holiday programs, clothing, weekend backpack food, crisis needs, child-care referrals
- Family storytimes/family nights
- Fun events that include activities like dinner, reading, fitness, and crafts
- Family lunch days scheduled by grade level and grandparent lunches in the fall
- Monthly support group for family members raising relatives' children
- Student programs such as academic recognition, girls mentoring, after-school clubs, community service
- Pre-school, after-school, and summer programs
- Babysitter course with training for fifth graders
- Parent/child classes
- Assistance for children with incarcerated parents
- And much, much more -- just ask!
FRC Advisory Council
The Sandersville/Meadowthorpe FRC Advisory Council meets five times during the school year to oversee services and programs. The council is composed of parents/guardians, school staff, and community representatives. All meetings are open to the public.
Due to COVID-19, meetings will be held virtually via Zoom on the dates below at 3:00 PM until further notice.
Please contact Mary Jo Dendy (email@example.com) for the meeting link or to submit questions or comments from the public. Special accommodation requests must be made prior to the meeting date.
2021-2022 FRC Advisory Council Meetings
- Wednesday, September 15, 2021
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021
- Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- Wednesday, March 16, 2022
- Wednesday, May 4, 2022