Parents: Please review the following reasons considered excused by Board Policy.
- Death or severe illness in student’s immediate family.
- Student illness, after 10 cumulative days due to illness students are required to have a physician written statement for each additional absence in order for the absence to be excused.
- Religious holidays and practices approved 3 days in advance.
- Medical and Dental appointments with a Doctor’s signed statement.
- Three days for family emergencies.
- Three visits to colleges or Universities with the Principal approval 3 days in advance.
- One day for attending the Kentucky State Fair.
- Court appearance excused only for the length of time of the scheduled court appearance.
- One day prior to departure of parent/guardian called to active military duty and one day returning from military duty.
- Up to ten school days for and educational enhancement opportunity determined by the Principal. An application may be obtained from the school and returned completed at least 5 days prior to the absence.
- Other valid reasons determined by the principal.
- All other absences are considered unexcused absences.
(Note: Personal family trips will be considered an unexcused absence.)
Please refer to your Student Code of Conduct book pages 36 and 37 for excused absences.