Please visit our webpages often for information about college and career preparation, BSHS registration, scholarships, colleges, and more.
AP Exam Scores
College Board will begin releasing AP Exam scores beginning July 5. These scores are rolled out in stages. Kentucky is typically the 2nd or 3rd day of the release window. You will need your AP number to access your account and scores. That number was in your student pack (the little book) students were instructed to take home with them after their final exam.
No Pass/ No Drive
For your drivers permit verification, visit the registrar's office, room 301, before/ after school at least two days BEFORE your permit test. In order to be eligible, students must have less than 9 unexcused absences and be passing at least 3/4 of classes in the PRIOR semester. Visit the DMV.org website for a copy of the drivers manual. Over the summer, you can request that verification through the front office.
Transcripts for current students and graduates 2008 through present should be requested through Parchment at the link above. Transcripts for graduates requesting prior to 2008 are $5 and should be requested at the BSHS Registrar's office, 859-381-3306. We cannot FAX any transcripts.
Several mistakes are being made when creating accounts that prevents Parchment from matching the transcript requests with what we send to Parchment. The following mistakes have been the most common mistakes and are taking time to be resolved:
- Using a nickname instead of the name on the transcript (same as on your birth certificate).
- Misspelled student names
- Using gradation leave date from college instead of high school
- Incorrect date of birth
- Parents completing the requests and using parent's information like birth year instead of the student's info.
These mistakes can be prevented by using the registration code that was given to current students via student email. All current 10th-12th graders have been emailed with this code.
If you have requested a transcript via Parchment, the transcript will be delivered electronically. Senior need to request a final transcript through Parchment during May/June. If you have never been on Parchment, please use the registration code to create your Parchment account and complete your request. If you have to create an account, make sure to follow the notes above.
Steps to follow:
- Go to bit.ly/bshstranscriptrequest. Log into your Parchment account. If you haven’t logged in before, you need to create an account.
- Setudents requesting their own transcripts would be using a learner account.
- Click the Order button. Select your destination by searching or entering a mailing or email address manually.
- If you don’t see the Order button, then you need to add BSHS to your account. To do this, click +Add another school or organization you attended.
- You'll land on the Order Details page. To wait until your next grades are in before sending your transcript, select Hold for Grades from the drop-down menu.
- To send your transcript to another destination, click + Add Another Destination.
- Your total charges appear on the right side, and include any shipping fees. This will remain free for students until the August of the year you graduate.
- Click Save & Continue.
- Continue following directions until you can click Checkout.
- For more detailed instructions, go to bit.ly/parchmentdirections. Transcripts requested after August 1 of the year you graduatewill be charged a fee.
College Rep Visits
Each fall is the big travel season for college representatives. They travel all over their region talking to students about their college or university. This is a great time for juniors to start narrowing their options, choosing the top 5 or so schools they like best, and for seniors to make their final selections and make intentional connection with the college reps.
Seniors and Juniors should visit the link www.bshscounseling.eventbrite.com and order a ticket. You will need to create a free account and the tickets are free. While you can avoid creating an account, having the account streamlines your ordering for future college visits that aren't on the calendar yet.
A few things to remember:
- This is for students only.
- Juniors can get bumped if a senior needs a ticket.
- Sign up only for the meetings you plan to attend. If you schedule one and then find out you have a test, cancel your ticket.
- Sign up only for the ones you are serious about getting information.
- We do check attendance and there will be no announcements. Students who don't arrive on time risk being counted absent.
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is used to apply for federal, state and college-based financial aid. FAFSA now opens October 1st. Awards are income-based, so appying early does not guarantee you will get an award. However, applying late could mean the money has been distributed before you apply. Apply early.
Make sure you have active email accounts for both the student and at least one parent of dependent students. Visit fsaid.ed.gov to set up your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID) for the student AND at least one parent of a dependent student. Using your most recent tax information, set up your FAFSA account at www.fafsa.gov.
Set by step tips are listed on this FAFSA Checklist from the Kentucky Higher Education Assistance Authority (KHEAA).
For more information on the FAFSA and helpful links about financial aid in general, visit our Financial Aid page.
ACT 2018 - 2019 testing dates
Test Date Registration (Late Fee Required) September 8, 2018 August 3, 2018 August 11-26, 2018 October 27, 2018 September 28, 2018 September 29-October 14, 2018 December 8, 2018 November 2, 2018 November 3-9, 2018 February 9, 2018 January 11, 2019 January 12-18, 2019 April 13, 2019 March 8, 2019 March 9-25, 2019 June 8, 2019 May 3, 2019 May 4-20, 2019 July 13, 2019 June 14, 2019 June 15-24, 2019
ACT 2019 - 2020 testing dates
2019-2020 Test Dates (National) Test Date Registration Deadline (Late Fee Required) September 14, 2019 August 16, 2019 August 17-30, 2019 October 26, 2019 September 20, 2019 September 21-October 4, 2019 December 14, 2019 November 8, 2019 November 9-22, 2019 February 8, 2020 January 10, 2020 January 11-17, 2020 April 4, 2020 February 28, 2020 February 29-March 13, 2020 June 13, 2020 May 8, 2020 May 9-22, 2020 July 18, 2020* June 19, 2020 June 20-26, 2020
Registering for the ACT
It's more than just signing up for a test. The information you provide is used to make recommendations for majors and careers. Here's what you'll need:
- About 45 minutes to complete the registration process
- A credit/debit card or fee waiver
- A laptop or desktop computer is preferred
- Up to four colleges and universities to send your score reports for free during registration (additional score reports can be purchsed later)
- Your photo to upload during registration or later
For more information on what you need to register and suggestions for test day, please visit our ACT Info Page.
Course Registration for School Year 2019 2020
Hard to believe it is that time again! Students at BSHS and 8th graders districted to attend BSHS begin registering for 2019 2020 classes during the month of January. Please contact your middle school for schedule of times our high school counselors will be meeting with 8th graders. Click here for access to registration materials and information.