Thinking About Changing Your Major?
Every year we have a few students who discover an interest in a SCAPA arts area other than their current major. Here is the procedure for changing your major at either SCAPA Bluegrass and SCAPA Lafayette.
- Any student who is currently enrolled in SCAPA may apply for a Change of Major.
- All major change auditions will take place will try to take place within 10 days of submission of the major change application and, if approved, will go into effect for the next school year.
- No major changes will be granted during the school year. This places any student at an unfair disadvantage by going in to a class weeks or months behind the rest of the class.
- Major Change forms may be picked up from Carla Pleasant (Room 101 in the SCAPA Bluegrass building) beginning January 15 of each school year.
- The due date for all Major Change Applications is MARCH 1 (NO EXCEPTIONS OR EXTENSIONS!!!).
- Students may select only one area in which to audition for a major change.
- Once the Major Change form is returned, you will be contacted by the appropriate Arts Teacher. At that time, you will schedule the Major Change audition with the specific teacher according to a time and date that is convenient to all parties.
- After the Major Change audition takes place, you will receive written notification as to the outcome (Approved or Not Approved).
- If your Major Change is APPROVED, your counselor will be notified so that they can make the appropriate changes to your schedule. If your Major Change is NOT APPROVED, then you will remain in your current arts major for the upcoming school year.
Please Note: If you are a current 6th or 7th grader and are wishing to audition in the area of your current minor, you need to complete the major change application in January, if possible!!!! Your minor selection can not take place until your major change audition is completed.