Degrees and Certifications:
Kimberly Roberts has been a school counselor for more than two decades. She loves to travel, eat interesting foods, and loves to spend time with her family and friends. When she is home she loves to chill with her very un-chill dog, Lilly.
What Does a Counselor Do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups.
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs.
- Intervenes with potential dropouts.
- Helps students relate to others.
- Provides counsel to teachers and parents so that they can better help their children and students.
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources.
- Identify student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs.
- Utilize other school specialists to aid students in their growing process.
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies.
- Hosts and facilitate parent discussion groups.
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans.
- Participates in curriculum development.