Wednesday, September 18
Family Focus Night
Thursday, September 19
Scholastic Summer Reading Program-WINNERS!
VPE is FIRST in Kentucky with reading minutes in the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge. Our students read a total of 963,799 minutes!! Wow! Students will be receiving a reward prize within the next couple of weeks. Make sure to check out the new banner hanging outside the library doors. Way to go readers!
Family Focus Night
Get ready for our first Family Focus Night of the year on Wednesday September 18th! This is a monthly event where no homework for the night = extra family time! Mod Pizza will be sponsoring our first Family Focus Night - if you are looking for a great place to eat as a family - stop in for some amazing pizza! Be sure to keep an eye out for the flyer coming home today - fill it out and let us know how you spent Family Focus Night - one lucky student will win a gift card from Mod Pizza!
New Athletic Event Guidelines
- Beginning this week, football games between two Fayette County Public Schools teams will kick off at 6:30 p.m. instead of 7:30 p.m.
- Students will not be allowed to bring backpacks and/or large bags into evening high school athletic events.
- Students younger than high school age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Outside food or drinks will not be allowed at games.
These expectations will go into effect this week. Athletic events are an important part of building school spirit and culture. We value these experiences and traditions not only for our students, but also our broader school communities. Please help our high schools as they implement these changes in an effort to provide a safe and fun experience for everyone in attendance at our games.
Make sure to download our school app and enable push notifications so you can stay up-to-date on the current news and happenings! Be sure to manage your children(s) grades, clubs, and groups too!
Please click the Moon Festival Flyer to learn more about this event which takes place this Saturday from 4:00-8:00 at the Moondance Ampitheater.
Car Line Procedures
Now that we have gotten back into the swing of things I wanted to remind VPE families our expectations for the car rider line. With dropping off and dismissing 770 students daily it takes structure and all following procedures to run smoothly. My goal in reviewing these expectations is to ensure the safety of ALL students, staff & family members.
Arrival & Dismissal Expectations:
- Follow the flow of traffic as outlined on the attached map for both morning and afternoon dismissal.
- In the morning Do Not enter the bus loop until all busses have dropped. You will be directed to enter the bus loop by a VPE staff member once buses have left.
- Have your student(s) enter & exit your car on the right side to keep them out of traffics way. We also ask the adults in the car to remain in your car to keep from opening your door into traffic. We have lots of VPE staff members helping to get students in and out of cars both morning and afternoon. Please don’t ask us to let you pull down closer to the door in the car line and let students out wherever you pull up.
- Please move up with traffic and pull all the way forward so more cars can enter the loop from the main road. Once you have dropped off your student(s) pull to the left to allow others to pull forward.
- Cars pulling into the bus loop can only turn right into the bus loop and will exit to the left.
- Cars pulling into the parking lot can only turn left into the parking lot and will exit to the right.
Finally, we have recently received many complaints from families of people cutting off each other in the car line and even having unkind words with other parents. We move the line very quickly and your wait should not be that long. Therefore, we ask that adults lead by example in the car line and don’t do anything you wouldn’t want your child to see or repeat.
Please let me know if you have questions or concerns. Thank you for adhering to our safety procedures.