/// Note: This section goes under the Families channel for elementaries but under the Students channel for middle and high schools. ///
// This page should include an intro and an overview of services provided by your child guidance specialist (elementary) or guidance counselors (middle and high). Please ask them for school-specific verbiage. //
/// Note: The bulleted items below are dummy text; please modify the details for your school. Ask your guidance folks for some verbiage to go here on this page. ///
What does guidance staff do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups.
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs.
- Helps students relate to others.
- Provides counsel to teachers and families so that they can better help their children.
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources.
- Identifies student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs.
- Uses other school specialists to aid students in their growing process.
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies.
- Hosts and facilitate family discussion groups.
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans.
- Participates in curriculum development.
- Intervenes with potential dropouts.