New for 2018-2019 -- IC Parent Portal Support Tool
We have an exciting new too available! The IC parent Portal Support Tool has three main features:
- Register - Parent/Guardian can request an Activation key to create a new Parent Portal account
- Get My Credentials - Parent/Guardian can reset a password or retrieve a username on an existing account
- Help! - Parent/Guardian can request extra assistance
The Fayette County Public Schools (FCPS) system recognizes that parent/family involvement is essential as we partner to educate our District’s students and to prepare them for life-long learning. Schools, families, and community must all be actively involved in developing strong programs and policies that support the academic success of every student in the FCPS system. Click here to access the district's Parent Involvement Policy.
Attention School Volunteers! Please know that all school volunteers must apply through the FCPS on-line application.
Required Documents for Registration
All students must have a copy of their state birth certificate on file with their permanent records. All students must have a social security number on file with the school. If you have not already registered for a number, please do so. We must have a valid Kentucky Immunization Certificate which meets these additional recent requirements:
- Two MMR’s after the first birthday, if the student is age four or over.
- Three Hepatitis B immunizations
- One HIB immunization if student is under age five
- One Chickenpox vaccine, after the first birthday, or a written statement by parent or physician that child has had the disease.
- A physical examination done within one year prior to or 30 days after entering school. Eye examination done by ophthalmologist or optometrist by January 1 of the year of enrollment.
Please do not double park in the lot. You may use the bus lane in front of the school to drop your child off in the morning. Do not park there to come into the building. You may not use the bus lane in the afternoon. Please use the side streets or the parking lot.
All VISITORS MUST REGISTER in the office. NO EXCEPTIONS. Visitors must sign in every time they enter the building .
Attendance at school is essential for good performance and high achievement. A written excuse, dated and signed by the parent is required for all absences. Excused absences include illness, death of an immediate family member, religious holidays for which prior approval is given, medical and dental appointments, and special cases approved by the principal. Children are tardy if they arrive after 8:00 AM. and must obtain a tardy slip from the office.