Youth Services Center
/// You may copy this generic text, but we prefer that you feature school-specific information about your FRC or YSC. ///
Family support programs thrive in a community where resources, leadership, and caring come together in response to real problems and real opportunities. Recognizing the importance of the total family in educational success, we offer a Youth Services Center // or // Family Resources Center to enhance students' abilities to succeed in school by assisting youngsters and their families with access to community programs.
Available at elementaries:
- Assistance with after-school care for ages 4 to 12;
- Health and education services for assistance with full-time child care for 2- and 3-year-olds, new and expectant mothers;
- Education to enhance parenting skills and education for preschool parents and their children;
- Support and training for day-care providers;
- Health service and referrals to health agencies.
At middle and high schools:
- Health service and referrals to community health and social agencies;
- Employment counseling, training, and placement for youth;
- Summer and part-time job development for youths;
- Substance abuse services or referrals;
- Family crisis and mental health services or referrals.