Welcome to the school counslor page! Let us know how we can serve you.
To support the overall mission statement of the school through program delivery and direct counseling services that address student achievement through academic, career, and personal/social development, to advocate for the students, and to serve as a liaison between students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
What Does a Counselor Do?
- Talks with students individually and in groups.
- Gains understanding of your child's behavior through observation and participation in the classroom to help identify their needs.
- Intervenes with potential dropouts.
- Helps students relate to others.
- Provides counsel to teachers and parents so that they can better help their children and students.
- Helps parents find and make better use of community resources.
- Identify student abilities, achievement, interests, and needs.
- Utilize other school specialists to aid students in their growing process.
- Coordinates referrals to outside agencies.
- Hosts and facilitate parent discussion groups.
- Helps with school, college, job, career, and personal plans.
- Participates in curriculum development.